- You Are In:
- About Guernsey Water
- Careers at Guernsey Water
- Business Support Assistant
Careers at Guernsey Water
Business Support AssistantClosing date: 08/06/2023
The Business Support Assistant will work as part of the Business Support Team (BST) which provides resources business wide to Guernsey Water. The Business Support Team has several core functions within Guernsey Water, including but not limited to Board meeting administration and Executive Support, Business Planning and Development, Business Performance Monitoring, Reporting and Analysing, Training and Process Development, Health and Safety, Project, and Change Management, as well as General Administrative Support.
The Business Support Assistant will work closely with the rest of the BST providing administrative support and could be required to work with all departments within Guernsey Water. Reporting directly to the Business Change Manager within the Business Support Team, the succesful candidate will work closely with the Executive Officer ensuring that all administrative duties are completed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in all administrative duties within the BST
- To assist in the booking of training and updating the appropriate systems as required
- To assist in minute taking, ensuring that the minutes are an accurate reflection of the meeting
- Accurately raise purchase orders using the appropriate systems
- To assist areas of Guernsey Water with administrative support as required and requested
- Provide cover for the Executive Officer
- To support ongoing development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures as requested
- Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing
KEY CRITERIA: ESSENTIAL
1. Good interpersonal skills, both face-to-face and written, in order to be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
2. High level of computer literacy in Microsoft programmes (including Word)
3. Excellent office administration skills.
4. Ability to prioritise workloads
5. Ability to work methodically under pressure and meet deadlines
6. Have good organisation and time management skills
7. Be flexible and have the ability to work as part of a team
8. The ability to communicate with all levels of staff
9. Numeracy skills and the ability to maintain accurate performance in all administrative duties
10. Set up, maintain, and monitor appropriate filing systems both electronic and paper based.
11. Hold a level 2-word processing course
Contact: Andrea Simpson - Business Change Manager on tel. (01481) 229500 or email: email@example.com